Cleaning the house is never an easy task. You have to clean up the clutter, dirt, dust, and yes, even mold that grow in between the bathroom tiles. Not only that, but you also have to deal with the nasty home cleaning chemicals and other products. But don’t you know that there is a better way to clean your house without having to suffer from all the stinky-smelling home cleaning chemical products? Yes, and the solution to your home cleaning problems can be found right in your very kitchen. In this post, we will share with you some of the cleaning tips that you can do without the harmful chemicals. All you need to prepare would be baking soda and vinegar cleaning solutions. Here are a few tips with these ingredients.
5 Best Baking Soda and Vinegar Cleaning Solutions:
1. Clean Your Bathroom Easily:
To begin our home vinegar cleaning tips, let us start in the bathroom. The bathroom can be a huge problem to clean hence making one of the places in your home that can easily get dirty and also one that you ought to clean regularly. Here are the ingredients that you have to prepare for your non-toxic cleaning solution:
– 1/2 cup water
– 1/2 cup liquid soap
– 2 tablespoons white vinegar
– 1 and 2/3 cups baking soda
– 1 bottle that is clean and has 16 ounces of squirt together with a closing cap
Procedure in making the cleaning solution:
– The first thing that you have to do would be to mix the baking soda together with any liquid soap of your choice in a container. A bowl will do.
– Next, dilute the mixture with water.
– When they are thoroughly mixed together, add the vinegar- Stir until you cannot see any more lumps. Make sure that it has all dissolved. – Pour the liquid mixture into the bottle.
– Before using it, make sure to shake it well.
– Simply squirt the liquid mixture on the spot that you want to clean.
– Scrub the spot until it is spotless. – After a few minutes, rinse it off with water.
– When you are not using the liquid mixture, make sure to place the cap back on the squirt bottle.
Now you have yourself a deep-cleaning non-toxic solution that can work on just about any surface of the bathroom. You won’t be having any problem going through the soap scum as well as the mildew. A plus is that this cleaning tip won’t cost you a fortune since the ingredients can be easily found in your kitchen.
2. Baking Soda as a Laundry Detergent Booster:
This may be something that you already know as this is a great cleaning tip that is most often overlooked. By adding around half a cup of liquid laundry detergent, you will get whiter clothes and the colored ones will have more vibrant colors. Another plus is that the baking soda makes the water softer, allowing you to use less liquid laundry detergent. That will give you big savings in the long run. To use baking soda for your laundry, for top-loading machines, use 1/2 a cup of baking soda. For the front-loading machine, you can use baking soda equal to a quarter of a cup. It also makes the bleach more potent, allowing you to use only half the amount of bleach that you usually use. That’s another way to save money.
3. Cleaning Your Sink Will be a Breeze:
If you have a stainless steel sink in your kitchen then you are not familiar with the hard water stains and the soap scum that accumulates over time. It’s a good thing that there’s a solution for that. Here are the steps you should take when cleaning your stainless steel kitchen sink:- Wet your stainless steel sink with water.
– Sprinkle baking soda on the surface of your sink. Make sure you sprinkle it all over it.
– Scrub the surface thoroughly.
– After a few minutes, rinse with water.
– Using a toothbrush, you can use the same paste in cleaning the caulk and the rim.
– Next is to soak some paper towels in white vinegar.
– With those paper towels, place them carefully on the sink with and leave them for about twenty minutes and remove.
To clean garbage disposals, here are the steps:
– Boil water with a kettle.
– While you’re waiting for the water to boil, put 1/2 a cup of baking soda and pour it into the drain.
– After that, pour one cup which is full of white vinegar.
– With the boiling water, pour it down the drain as well.
– Next, place 2 cups full of ice along with a cup full of rock salt into the drain.
– Now, turn on the sink’s disposal and wait for all of it to go down the drain.
– If you have lemon or lime, cut them in half and place them in the disposal.
To complete the cleaning of the sink, you have to also clean up its faucet as well. You can do that by using soapy water along with the paper towels which have been soaked in the white vinegar. And that’s it! You’ve just successfully cleaned your entire sink!
4. Carpet Cleaning and Stain Removing:
It is not enough to clean the carpet with a vacuum cleaner. While the vacuum cleaner takes away the dust, it will not be able to remove the stains. The great news is that vinegar can. Here’s how you can do it:
– Mix two tablespoons of salt and 1/2 a cup full of white vinegar.
– Rub the mixture onto the stain which is on the carpet.
– Leave it to dry.
– After it has dried, clean it off with a vacuum cleaner.
If you have carpet stains that are darker, and you feel are harder to remove, you can add two tablespoons of borax to the same mixture. When they have all been mixed together, use them just as you did before.
5. Refresh Your Refrigerator:
In cleaning the fridge, you have to be careful, especially if you are going to use home cleaning chemicals. Remember, the fridge is where you put your food. That’s why it’s better to stay with the non-toxic solutions such as vinegar. In cleaning the interior as well as the exterior of your refrigerator, use equal parts of water and white vinegar.
This includes the front sides of the fruit and vegetable bins as well as the door gasket. In preventing the growth of mildew, wash the inside of the fridge walls and the interiors of the bins with a vinegar-soaked cloth. On the exterior part of the fridge, you can use undiluted vinegar in wiping off of the dust and grime that have accumulated on top. When you’re done with the cleaning, place some baking soda in a box inside your fridge to make sure that it stays clean and smells nice.
Points to note: These are just some of the ways that you can use vinegar and also in home cleaning. Now you don’t need to deal with the toxic chemicals as you will be using non-toxic solutions that are safe for everybody.